"When I was young, I used to have this thing where I wanted to see everything. I used to think, “How can I die without seeing every inch of this world?" -Leonardo Dicaprio

Sunday, March 13, 2011

5 star meals

My family was in Rome this week! It was awesome getting to see them and show them everything around Rome. It was also great because we went to amazing restaurants and I ate delicious meals. Here are some of my favorite:

Trattoria 4 Leoni
Florence, Italy (we took a day trip!) 
I've had cheese platters before, but never have I gotten one as good as this. The name of the antipasti is Carpaccio di porcini. Not only was each cheese distinctively different from each other, but after tasting it was obvious that each was aged properly. And adding a side sauce of honey was interesting and a perfect compliment.  
Ravioli, Pears, Cheese and Asparagus seem like a gross combo. But, that's exactly what this dish was. Fiocchetti di pera in salsa di taleggio e asparagi was the best meal I have ever had. My mother (who also ordered this) and I both ate so slow because of how amazing this dish was. I would eat this every day for the rest of my life... for real.


Taverna Flavia
Rome, Italy
I eat pasta on the reg, so when I have an opportunity to get some meat I tots will. So, I ordered veal! I was nervous because I thought veal was a baby lamb.. well i guess its a baby cow. So either way I still feel bad that I ate some animal's baby. But, I don't feel thaaaat bad because it was sooo good. The meat was soaked in a teriyaki sauce then grilled. It's skin was burnt from the grill in certain places which gave it that crunchy taste, which is my favorite. Sorry mom lamb or mom cow.. whatever you are.


Ristorante Da Fortunato
Rome, Italy
Fresh, Sweet, Savory = Prosciutto e Melon. The combination of the sweet cantaloup and the salty prosciutto is the perfect blend of every taste combination. Sooo good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment